Saturday, September 13, 2008

Congratulations Jeramy!!!!

I'm sure you all know people who live vicariously through their children and their children's experiences, accomplishments etc...I am one of those people! As my children have grown up they all seem to have done different things in their lives that I wish I would have done or could have done. They seemed to make better choices. One of those things I woulda, coulda, shoulda, is I wish I could have gone to college other then Beauty College the school of cosmetology.

Just a few weeks ago I told you Jeramy was graduating with his Masters of Science in.....tada - INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY!!! Oh Ya, we are so proud, and that is why, we yell so very loud! Way to go Jeramy. We weren't there in body to watch him walk across the stage and get that diploma but we were definitely there in spirit. Jer and Bec sent us some pictures from his graduation and I had to get out the photo album to look at pictures of the steps that got him to this point. The first step toward his goals was graduating from High School. That's where life really begins. Les has always said when you graduate from High School that is not a means to an end but the beginning step towards where you want to be.
Next - was his decision to serve a mission for the Lord and sacrifice 2 years of his life. Jeramy was determined to make this a great experience and it was. His first companion got him off to a great start! He told him he didn't have long before his mission would be coming to an end and he wanted to end his mission with the same enthusiasm that he started it with and Jer took that suggestion and ran with it.Next- was his choice of whom he wanted to walk by his side though this journey of life. As you can see he was pretty excited about that and so were we. Jeramy and Rebecca bring out the best in each other. Years ago I was counseled to find a mate that helps you become the best you can be, and Bec really does that for Jeramy and I feel he does that for her as well.
Next - step on his ladder to success was two steps at the same time - his graduation from Utah State with his Bachelor's degree and becoming a father. Look how little Brylee was and Isaac was just a baby. Kudos to Jer and Bec both for biting the bullet, working, going to school at the same time, and starting their family. Jer taught for 3 years and was an awesome teacher! His first year he received the teacher of the year award in his school.
Tada!!!!! Here is the Masters Graduate, with his buddies from his same program. Can you see Jer? Third man on the back row on the left. I tried to get a single picture of Jer but it wouldn't upload, bummer. But as you can see heres some pretty excited and amazing young men and women. We are so proud of you Jer!!! You did it and I'm sure there will be many more great


experiences we will be able to share.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey Ma, Thanks for the plug. As far as the steps that got me here today, I think first step was the one I made in the pre-existence and that was to come to the family that I did where I would be taught the correct principles that would get me here. I love you guys!

Rebecca said...

Also, a little side note...the pic at the bottom are all the LDS graduates in the program. The church makes the world a pretty small place. It was great to have them all as a support group!