
I have always looked forward to labor day because it is the last celebration for the summer. The weather is still nice, it gives you a long week end, and it was my Dad's birthday. Poor grandma really was laboring on labor day. Dad would have been 92. We spent Labor day weekend with Les's Dad, his girl friend Dona and sweetie pie his little Karen Terrier in Evanston Wyoming and Fort Bridger at the Mountain Man Rendezvous. I had never been there before and now that I have I probably won't go again. Once was enough. It was fun don't get me wrong. People come from all over dressed as Mountain men re-enactors. Men and women from all walks of life, white collar, blue collar, homemakers, retirees. These people share a common interest, preserving the past. There were hat makers, soap makers, homemade root beer and cream soda maker, people dressed in leather and fur you name it if it was something from the past you could probably find it there. There was musket ball shoots and frying pan throwing contests. There were Indians dressed in
their native dress dancing their native dances. There were men who used this time of re-enacting the past as an excuse to show off their bare behinds, no I didn't get pictures of the bare parts but you can see from the photos you see what I mean. Les's nephew Levi and his wife Lisa and their children Mattie and Chase meet us there also. We had an enjoyable time, and on the day we left believe it or not it was snowing in the mountains!!! I'm really not ready for winter but know it isn't far away. This summer has gone by in a flash. Good bye to those hot summer days and nights and hello to shorter cooler days and nights.


No comments:
Post a Comment