You can't tell by the weather because it still feels like summer outside but there is a feeling in the air that fall is just around the corner. As I leave for work there are children on the side walks, and riding their bikes down the street, and lined up at bus stops, plus there are more cars on the road. This summer we hardly ever saw children out side when we were leaving for work they probably weren't even out of bed yet. Yes, another school year has begun. Isn't it funny how they can't wait to get out of school for the summer but they can't wait to get started again. Maybe it's because we can't stand not to having structure in our lives for very long. I'm sure any mom can tell you that at some point during the summer the kids get bored and you hear, "I'm bored! I don't have anything to do!" I'm sure the moms are just as glad maybe even more so to have the kids back in school and have a little free time just for themselves. Come January when I retire I wonder if I'll be like the grand kids and be saying, "I'm bored! I don't have anything to do!" Na, I don't think so. Jeramy will be graduating in just a few days with his Masters! Can you believe it?!? Professor Cook! What an accomplishment! Les and I are very proud of him. It has been a family effort because the kids and Rebecca have had to make a lot of sacrifices to get Jeramy where he is today. I can't wait to put pictures on the blog of Jer in his cap and gown. So stay tune for the rest of the story.

Here's a picture of Jake, Keagan and Lily after their first day of School. Keagan says, "do you notice anything different" other then she grew up over the summer?
1 comment:
What cute grandkids!!!!!! Your blog looks awesome, and I love the new look.
sharon
Post a Comment