Yesterday we celebrated my Mothers 82nd birthday. My sibs and I, and our spouse all got together at my sister Nancy and her husband Rogers home. We had a great time just visiting with one another, every though it was 103 degrees we had a pleasant evening visiting in their beautiful cool back yard. I thought to myself as I watched each of my siblings, "why don't we do this more often?" And I made a mental commitment that I am going to make an effort to get together with my family more often. Life has gotten to be such a rat race and we need to stop and smell the rose. I think Mom had a good time as well. What an accomplishment to have made it "82" years and she is still going strong. She volunteers at the Senior Citizens, she gets together with her lady friends for club 3 times a week, and she hardly ever misses church. She loves to read, crochet, travel, work in her garden, she has a fun sense of humor and she loves visiting with her friends. We are so blessed to have her in our lives as the Matriarch of our family and to be able to glean words of wisdom from her life and her example. I hope there will be many birthdays to come. 

The Birthday Girl - Still as beautiful as ever.
1 comment:
Yeah! Happy birthday Grandma Wanlass. Wish we could have been there too. And Wow, Nancy's backyard looks great!
Post a Comment