Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Love Utah!!!!

Can I just tell you that I love this place where we live!!! I can't think of anywhere I would rather be then Utah. When I was younger and hadn't been to many different place I wanted to live anywhere BUT here. Seriously though where can you go that has mountains, deserts, four seasons? Well, sometimes four seasons. And a special spirit that cannot be felt anywhere else. Our friends just returned from their mission and they said the feeling was actually tangible that they felt the minute they entered this valley. Last month Les and I went on a quick little mini get away to Cedar City. We went down to see Richard lll at the Utah Shakespeare Festival. It was wonderful! It was a beautiful warm summers night outside in the Adams Theater. Elijah Alexander did a wonderful job of playing Richard the lll but it was strange how he looked and acted like one of Les's old room mates from his BYU days and I kept seeing Charlie Emig through out the play. We also saw Tennessee Williams The Glass Menagerie which is about Tennessee Williams life. On one of our days there we went for a drive through Bryce Canyon. I had forgotten how spectacular that drive is. Our first stop was this patriotic little antique shop. We didn't buy anything but it was fun to look around. The pictures below are from the Kotachrome valley. We had never been there before.
There's nothing like listening to your favorite tunes and taking in the beautiful scenery. What could be better then this? :-)
A little bit of Americana art with the old barns. It brings back memories of my childhood. If you look real close you may be able to see the eagle in the right hand corner of this photo. We saw these twin baby deer just off the side of the road. Their Mama was no where to be found.

There were two large crows that were flying in the rocks, they probably had a nest there. I don't think this was the same bird in flight that I took the previous photo of. That bird looked much bigger and prettier to me. These beautiful yellow daisies dotted the hill side.
We had a great time and plan to go back again.

No comments: