With Thanksgiving right around the corner I was reflecting today on what I really am thankful for. With the wind blowing outside and snow on the ground the first thing I thought about was I am so thankful that I have a nice warm home and that it is warm and cozy inside. As I awoke this morning I thought, I am so thankful for a warm comfortable bed. I had a hot bath this morning and it felt so wonderful to just lie there and soak, one of my most favorite place to read is in the bath tub:-) I am so thankful that all I have to do is turn on the tap and out comes hot or cold water with not effort. I thought of Les's nephew who is on a mission in Sierra Leone Africa who has no running water, who lives with rats and other creatures on a daily basis, who in the last 4 months has dropped 23 lbs. I have so much to be thankful for. I flip a switch and have light. I go to the refrigerator or cup board and have food to eat. I live in a country where I am free to come and go as I please, I can go to church and worship as I please. I'm thankful for FREEDOM and the young men and women who put their lives on the line so that I can enjoy that freedom. We must never forget that our freedom comes at a great cost. I have a wonderful family who bring me so much joy. We have our trials and our struggles but those too I am thankful for because they bring me closer to the Savior and my Heavenly Father. I know that through Them we can over come our struggles and become better people. I'm thankful for hair blowers and make up so I don't scare people when I go out in public. I'm thankful for music and for the important part it plays in my life. I grew up with music in my life, with parents who loved music, and a father who had a beautiful tenor voice who sang in church, at funerals, for many occasions. Then in my own home I have enjoyed all kinds of music. Now I have grandchildren who are so gifted with musical talent, music makes this world a much more beautiful place. I'm thankful for this beautiful world and for nature and the changing seasons. I'm thankful for friends, some of which I only get to see on occasion but what great memories I have of our times together. I'm thankful for my life, for the experiences I am blessed with daily. And the older I get the more I am made aware of my health, I am so thankful to be healthy and be able to dance and walk, and all the things I'm able to do. You never really enjoy your health more then when you don't have it, then you realise how important it is to you. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you too reflect on what you are most thankful for. Take a minute in your busy day to just stop and smell the roses or look at a beautiful sunset. We are indeed a blessed people.
No comments:
Post a Comment