Sunday, November 7, 2010

We didn't get the expected snow...but we know it's right around the corner!

That snow that the weather man was forecasting never happened...at least not in the valley but from this picture you can see we did get snow in the mountains. We've had beautiful blue skies and the most beautiful fall weather. This weather has really spoiled me and I am not ready for the weather to change. Most of the trees still have their leaves as you can see from this picture. Our aspen trees have been a beautiful yellow and still have a lot of their leaves. And just look at the beautiful clear BLUE SKY! I love this time of the year!
This time of the year has always been my favorite. It brings back childhood memories of walking home from school and hearing the crisp sound of the Autumn leaves crunching below my feet. Of raking up large piles of leaves and then jumping into them. The clean crisp air that seemed to give me energy. It's a time for apples of all colors, and pine nuts, and curling up by the fireplace with a warm fire and a good book. Hot chocolate, carmel popcorn ball, apple crisp, hmmmmmm... I LOVE AUTUMN!
I can't take credit for this photo but I absolutely love it. It was taken by Les's cousin Westley Cottom.





No comments: