
A while back I went to Jake and Lily's school to drop something off for Lily. As I was walking down the hall I noticed Lily's cute picture with something she had written about Autumn time. I wish I could write what Lily had written word for word because it was so cute. She said she loved Autumn time because of the beautiful leaves, with all their brilliant colors but most of all she loved raking the leaves into big piles and then jumping into them. Last Saturday Dave, Ash, and the kids were out in the yard raking leaves. Little by little each one of the kids slipped away until it ended up being just Dave, Ash, and myself. We cleaned out all the flower beds and then loaded all the dead flowers and leaves in the back of Les's truck to go to the green waste. Just as we were loading the last load of leaves Lily came running out and she started to cry. She said, "I wanted to jump in the leaves." So we left the last little bit of leaves for her to run and jump in. She also jumped in the back of the truck full of leaves. It really doesn't take much to make kids happy does it? :-) It would be wise to take a lesson from them. The best things in life really are free.


Lily is our Autumn leave girl!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment