Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Amazing Kids"


Monday night the Utah Valley Youth Symphony Orchestra presented Tunes to Tap to. It was held at the Covey Center for the Arts in Provo. The place was packed. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. There were three groups that performed. The Utah Valley String Sinfonia, the Utah Valley Youth Symphony Orchestra. This is the group that Keagan plays with, and the Utah Valley Youth Philharmonia Orchestra. I was amazed at how good these kids sounded. It was great!! You know that these kids are going somewhere. If they are this disciplined and can play this good now, think of what they can do in the future!!!

Keagan and Mr. David Beck her conductor. This guy got down to Keagan's level for the photo he is 6 ft 4+. He is a TALL guy and it was so fun to watch him conduct, he literally danced to the music as he lead the group. I think I embarrassed Keagan because Mr. Beck was talking to people after the performance and I had her wait to get the photo. I'm sure she'll be glad in years to come:-)
We we're close enough to get pictures of Keagan with the whole group but I had to get one of Keagan on stage. This little girl has so much confidence and is so talented, I know she is going to do well if she keeps it up. Bravo Keagan, Bravo.

No comments: