Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Family Picture


Having family pictures taken in comparison is like going to the dentist, getting a shot, or better still having a baby. It’s a real pain getting ready, setting the time, coordinating colors, getting everyone to the photographers, and last but not least getting everyone to say cheese, SMILE, and watch the birdie all at the same time?!? But when it’s all over done you have something wonderful to show for all the hard work and labor pains. Jeramy, Rebecca and family were here for the Holidays this year, and Doug and family as well as Rod and family had moved back to the area. This is the first time in 12 years that our and family has all been together. We felt this would be the perfect time to have a family picture taken. Ashlyn went to work arranging for the photographer, who is a friend of hers and put together the color scheme. If any of you know Les and me very well you know we are directionally challenged which Les strongly disagrees. He says, I'm directionally challenged not him, to which I reply, "then why do we almost always get lost?" Anyway, everyone agreed to meet at our house in plenty of time to make it over to the photographers. Well that sounds easy right? Wrong! Everyone arrived but Rod, Raquel and the boys. We waited a little bit thinking they were just running a late, but finally called only to find out that they weren’t going to make it. What? Rod had to stay late at work and so did Raquel. This was disappointing because now it would only be part of our family. We all got into our cars and proceeded to caravan following Ashlyn with Les, Brynlee (our grand daughter) and myself at the rear. All the sudden Les passes everyone and gets right behind Ashlyn. This is a bad choice because Les doesn’t follow very close, allowing other cars to crowd in and soon we can’t even see Ashlyn. To make matters worse he takes off the wrong exit, that’s right the wrong exit and Doug and Jeramy follow right behind us. We have an address but like I said, Les and I have a problem. I call Ashlyn on my cel and she can’t understand why Les had to crowd in. We all start in the same right direction but it’s dark and we can’t see the address signs. I’m angry with Les, Les is getting angry with me and Brynlee doesn’t know if she wants to ride with Nana and Papa again, mean while everyones driving around behind us. Finally, I tell Les to pull over and we all stop. I called Ashlyn on her cell phone and she came and found us. I made everyone go ahead of Les so we don’t end up with the same problem AGAIN. Do you think anyone was in the mood to have their pictures taken when we FINALLY arrived?!?!

Well, I’ll let you be the judge. Here is the final product, at least one of them turned out. Now I need to get Rod and his family to get a picture taken and put it next to the family photo so at least he is practically in the family. I'll bet this makes you want to rush right out and schedule your family for a family picture after reading this. :-) Happy family photo taking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy, love your blog and the family photo is wonderful. Your short story about the photo taking experience is such as life. We all go through out trials and struggles, non the less, to arrive at our destination, hopefully all together. In time, no one will remember the anxiety that all took place just the finished product and the happy faces and sence of a great accomplishment. Love, Suzie

currierRus said...

Judy, Cute family & picture. Loved your cute story. I can relate to it. Sounds like my family too! For us OLD friends who haven't seen the kids since they were little, you need to tell us who is who and who belongs to who.
Keep up the fun stuff,
Shirley