I know the last time I wrote anything on my blog was the last of March after I had my surgery. The foot/toe thing is really healing well and I am better then when I had the surgery, Yahoo! I really haven't felt like writing anything because this crazy weather depresses me!!! Many of my family and friends haven't blogged for
MONTHS now and I kind of get blog withdrawals. Nothing fun and crazy to read and laugh about. Which brings me to laughter. Nothing makes me feel better then a good laugh and lately I have been trying to find more things to laugh about. The older I get the more I find to laugh about and it is usually myself:-) Just today I called my daughter in-law
Rebecca and told her Yikes!!! How could I have forgotten
Jaron's Birthday!!!! She paused for a moment and said, "A....you didn't it's still 3 weeks away, his birthday is the 9
th of JUNE...How could I have gotten so mixed up. I think it's because it's May and it's my birthday month and Medicare told me I'm old now. I think to myself...how could that have happened so fast when years ago I waited and waited to be 21 because that would mean I was a adult. My twenties were good but I'd really just like to forget a lot about them. My thirties were much better, 40's were good, 50's were hard I couldn't even bring myself to say I was in my 50's. Now the 60's, they should be better because I really loved the 1960's!!! That's when Rock N Roll hit the scene and the music and the dancing were so fun!!! I loved that era, going to the Record Hops, singing to the radio or to records on my little 45 record player with my sisters and friends, that's when the
transistor radio was a must have because you could take your music with you. I'm just going to think of my 60's as that era and I like the 70's just as well. Hopefully by the time I'm in my 70's I can still remember the 60's and 70's if you know what I mean:-) I was just thinking about all the great groups that came out of my era...The
Shirells, Rob
Orbinson, Chubby Checker, The
Everly Brothers, Gary U.S. Bonds, Bobby
Rydell, The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, Peter and Gordon, Peter, Paul and Mary, and I could go on and on and on. The music was so great. Those really were the good ole days.
No comments:
Post a Comment