Tuesday, October 12, 2010

You'll Never Guess

Last Thursday Les and I made a quick trip to Vegas to visit his family. It was fun seeing everyone and we celebrated Les's Dad's 83rd birthday on Sunday. Les's niece Sarah and her husband Sean had us all over to their house for a wonderful dinner.

Les, Owen and Les Sr.







Les's Mom, Doris, Les's niece Sarah, Les's sister Suzanne and Sarah's son Owen.

We had such a good time after dinner sitting around talking and hearing stories of Les Sr's and Doris's childhood and younger days. They say laughter is the best medicine and I believe it. Les's nephew's wife put on her facebook page today that laughter is the shock obsorbers that ease the blows in life and that is so true. Monday we loaded up the car to leave and come back home. Good-bye's are always bitter sweet. It's good to come back home but it's sad to leave our loved ones. We stopped in St. George to see our grand daughter Teresa and our great grand babies Armani and Adee.

Teresa is about as big as a minute. She probably weight 90 lb if even that and she's only about 4' 10" tall. Her husband isn't a big guy either so her kids don't stand a chance of being tall. We visited for a while and then decided to go and get lunch before we headed back on the road. I had been craving Mexican food so we stopped at Cafe Rio. We just got in line when a man that I thought a recognized walked right passed us. I turned to look again and said, "Les did you see who that is?!?!"


It was Elder Jeffrey R Holland of the General Authorities and his wife Patricia. My FAVORITE!!! I said, "I'm going to go over and shake their hand." Les said, "I'm not, I'm afraid to." I walked or should I say RAN up to them and said, "Elder Holland can I shake your hand?" He graciously said hello and held out his hand as did his wife. I said, "My husband is to afraid to come and shake hands." Elder Holland said, "Don't ever be afraid to come up and shake hands!" Les came over and said, "I was afraid to come over but I decided that I had better because I'm more afraid of my wife's wrath then yours." Elder and sister Holland laughed and said, "Smart Man." Then Elder Holland looked at me and said, "I can't believe any wrath could come from this little women." They made my day!!! Elder Holland is one of my favorites. I love elder and sister Hollands book, On Earth as it is in Heaven a book that they both co-authored. These men that are at the head of our church are so intelligent and spiritual and they dedicate their whole life in the service of our Heavenly Father and his church. They make me want to be a better person. As they walked out to get in their car they got into a Toyota Avalon. When I told Ashlyn she said, "so does Les now say he is driving a celestial car?" :-)

No comments: