Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Month of the Blaws

If you hadn't noticed I haven't felt like blogging anything because of the dreary, drab weather we've been having in the month of February. It has been one year since I retired. WOW, I can't believe that time goes by so fast, but when I was working the weather really didn't effect me that much. I was always inside where there were little to no windows to see out of so I didn't know what the weather was like until I walked outside to go home. By that time it was starting to get dark. Being home everyday and looking out to see dark sky's, and drizzling rain can really put you in a funk. Somedays I really had to make myself get dressed, do my hair and look presentable, for what and whom, well at least Les. Sunday was no different it was bleak looking outside, but I looked out the window and what did I see?!?! No, not popcorn popping on the apricot tree but pretty darn close. My daffodiles are starting to push through the ground!!! Wahoo!! Spring is just around the corner! So all of you who feel like I do there is hope smiling brightly before us, there really will be an end to winter!

No comments: