Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know, I'm always behind, here it is just weeks away from Christmas and I am posting about Thanksgiving. And to top it off, I was so busy scurrying around making the dinner and getting the tables ready that I didn't even take ONE PICTURE!!! We had a great time though. Doug and his family, Rod and his family and Ashlyn and her family were here, and this year Mom and Christopher, Dave's nephew shared our Thanksgiving with us. It was great. The only thing that would have made it better is if Jer, Bec and the kids could have been here as well. We probably would have had to rent a place or have it at the church to fit everyone in but it would have been great. Dinner was delicious as usual but doesn't it just amaze you how we can spend all those hours slaving over the stove and preparing those favorite dishes and have them devoured in just minutes?!?! We had a lot of fun visiting with each other, especially the kids. They love seeing and spending times with the cousins. Keagan wrote a play, How The Turkey Got it's Gobble which had to be acted out twice because Nana forgot to video it the first time. But it was great fun for all of us. Special recognition goes to Rod for the sound of the Turkey's gobble and Tristen who really got into his character - Doctor Expert Turkey with accent and all, and Aunt Raquel who was Tiny Tim - the littlest Turkey. But Bravo to all the turkey characters. Then after the Play we played our annual Thanksgiving Bingo. Last year Tristen walked away with most of the gifts, this year it was pretty even. Anyway...we had a great Thanksgiving and have so very much to be thankful for!

No comments: