Wednesday, August 19, 2009

YOUR FUNNY FOR THE DAY...THE LAUGHS ON ME!

We have had a sprinkler in the back yard that has leaked for years, yes you heard me right YEARS! At first it was just a little leak but then it became a big leak. It was even seeping into the neighbors back yard and he complained about it last summer, so the start of this summer Les took the sprinkler valve apart and put all new parts into it. WALA...it still leaks only this time the leak is even worse. Les will agree he is no handy man. What I'm about to tell you next I wish I had a picture of but I don't because it happened to me. Jake our 10 year old grandson wanted to earn some money this summer and asked if he could mow our lawn and even though Papa is very particular about his lawn he is even more particular about having young boys grow into responsible young men so he agreed. He just asked that someone trim around the fence and get things started for him. Last Friday Jake came over to mow the lawn and so I was doing the trimming for him. Well needless to say when I got to the place where the leaking sprinkler was it was muddy, as I stepped onto the muddy spot I could feel my feet slipping out from under me. I looked over at Jake as I was going down WITH THE LAWN MOWER mind you, and I wish you could have seen his expression! He looked as if he wanted to laugh but then remembered, "oh oh, this is my Nana what if she gets hurt," and the expression changed from laughter to fear. Needless to say I slide down still holding onto the lawn mower and the more I tried to get up the more I slid. I finally had to take off my shoes to even stand up. Now I have MUD all over my butt, down my legs, up my back and I am cussing (in my mind not in front of my grandson) this d--- sprinkler!!! I get back up, start the lawn mower and finish trimming the lawn covered in mud before I go in to change. Needless to say a plumber is coming to fix the sprinkler TODAY!!! I know your laughing but it's okay.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

SAD!!! you should have just had Jake fix the sprinkler! Kids are pretty good at that stuff!