Last night Papa and I had the privilege of attending Lily's violin recital. There were only 5 kids participating so it lasted all of about 15 minutes. You wonder sometimes if it's even worth the trip, but in the long scheme of things I know that it is. It makes the kids so happy that we came to hear them participate and to cheer them on. Both Lily and Keagan play the violin. Keagan been playing since she was 5 years old and Lily started last year when she was 6. Both of the girls really enjoy learning to play. When I was young I wanted to dance which wasn't on option for me because my Dad would say, "you can't dance when you 60." Little did he know that I would be doing just that:-) He wanted us to play an instrument. I choose the piano but I wanted to play "REAL" music not all the little songs that didn't really sound like songs or scales. I didn't really want to practice either, hence I can play a few things for my own enjoyment but I could never play for anyone else. Nor can I sit down and pick up a piece of sheet music like Keagan can and start to play. My Dad had a beautiful tenor voice and was constantly being asked to sing at church, weddings, funerals and such. I'm sure he would have loved to have one of his daughters accompany him. Nancy also played the piano and she played a lot better then I, but she didn't ever acompany him either if I remember right.

Back to Keagan and Lily. Last night Lily played her first number with her teacher Mrs Chudleigh. She played
Andantion by Suzuki. For her second number she played one the of the primary songs, The
Baptism Song by Crawford Gates. And Keagan accompanioned her on the piano. Dad would have been so proud! Lily remembered her music but forgot to get the music for Keagan to use to accompany her so she had to play from memory and she did a great job. As you can see Keagan is really growing up. She will be in Junior High next year. All the kids are growing up.


Bravo, Bravo, Bravo. Keep up the good work.
No comments:
Post a Comment