Thursday Ashlyn was at work and received a call from the school saying Lily was in the office crying because her neck hurt so, being a retired Nana :-) I got to go pick up Lil and bring her home with me. Driving to the school to pick up Lily thoughts came flooding back to years when I was a working Mom. I don't know what I would have done without Grandma Barrett who was always there for my kids when they were sick, before and after school, or just plain someone they could count on when Mom and Les weren't around. Thanks Grandma B. you were the greatest! Back to Lily, I picked her up and we went to the store to get some Motrin and a lunchable, as we came into the house Lily said, "Nana, I love to come to you and Papa's house. It's always so fun to hang out with you guys." That put a smile on my face for the rest of the day maybe even the rest of the week and warmed my heart. We laid on the couch together, Lily with a warm rice bag on her neck and watched
Madagascar Escape 2 Africa. "I like um big, I like um chucky":-0 my favorite part. Could anything be better then this?
No comments:
Post a Comment