Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas 2008

Well, Christmas came and went for 2008. It's strange how it builds, and builds, and BUILDS, and then boom, it's over. We had our family Christmas party with our children and grand children on Christmas Eve. We always have a big dinner. After the dinner with todays awesome technology we were able to talk and see Jeramy, Rebecca and family via the computer web cam. It was pretty crowded as the whole family crowded into my little computer room enabling us all to talk to Jeramy and family, all except Isaac who feel asleep as Rebecca was reading them the best little Christmas pageant. We've had our computer equipped with a web cam for over a year but we've never had anyone to use it with. Rebecca surprised Jeramy with a web cam for their computer and decided to give it to him early so we could visit with each other. She said, "Why didn't we do this sooner." You should have seen little Hayden's face as he looked at all his relatives waving and talking to him. After we spent time visiting with them as a tradition Papa, me, or a member of the family, reads a Christmas story or something about Christmas and then the suspense comes to a climax when the grand children are able to start opening their gifts one at a time. You always have a fear that everyone is not going to be happy with their gifts but everyone seemed to be. We use to try to get them all the same amount of gifts to open and when they were younger that was possible, but now some of them are older the money doesn't stretch as far as it use to. Some of their gifts cost more then others as well. Papa always trys so hard to get everyone something they really want or something that will surprise them and make them happy. As we watched the tail lights leaving and everything was cleaned up I sat in front of the Christmas tree and thought about Christmas. What does Christmas really mean to me? It's Christmas carols, Christmas trees, brightly wrapped gifts, Christmas movies and Christmas stories. It's enjoy the company of our family and friends, but most of all the babe who's life started all this Christmas stuff. I am indeed thankful for his life and his example. On Christmas day we did not even leave the house it snowed all day and we had no desire to venture out in it but it was beautiful to look out and watch. It felt so good to just lie around, watch TV and veg out. Later in the day Ashlyn, Dave, and kids came over and we put a jig saw puzzle together. When Ashlyn was still at home she got a puzzle every year for Christmas and we would put it together. I broke some traditions this year and maybe I will really be sorry. I didn't send out my Christmas letter/cards this year but I want you to know that we thought of all our extended family and friends and hope that you had a Merry Christmas. The second tradition I stopped was the neighborhood luminaries. A couple of my neighbors said, "What no luminaries this year?" Even Brynlee asked me, "Did you do the luminaries Nana?" So maybe next year I'll have to take up the tradition again.Here's Lily, Jake, Sam, Chris and Ben showing some of what they got for Christmas.Keagan, Tandy and Tristin.This is a Christmas Ornament I just had to share with you. Jeramy made this when he was in the nursery in primary years ago. It's one of my favorite ornaments. Ashlyn always looks for it to be on the tree as well. I wish they would have made one for all my children. Maybe I will have to get creative and make one for all of them with pictures of them at that age. Anyway heres wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2009.
Pops shoveling the snow.

No comments: